Thursday, December 18, 2008

Erica's Famous Green Salad

I have long been the one asked to bring salad to any party, because people love my salads. I don't have a real recipe I follow, but I put similar types of things into my salads each time. I'll give you a generic recipe and you can mix 'n' match ingredients.

Stuff I always put in:

  • 1/4 red onion, minced
  • 1 bunch scallions
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Lettuce

Mix & Match:

  • Something fruity: dried cranberries, diced apple, mango, orange slices, grapes sliced in half
  • Something cheesy, with a strong taste: gorgonzola cheese, shredded fontina, parmesan
  • Dressing: Lite caesar (from the bag salad), Marie's light blue cheese, Kraft lite raspberry vinaigrette
  • Optional - Meat: Lean deli ham or turkey, chicken breast chunks

Chop everything up and put it in a bowl, then toss.

Calories, etc. depend on portions and what you put in.

No comments: