Monday, December 8, 2008

Rosemary Lamb Chops w/ Garlic-Balsamic Sauce

OMIGOD, this was so good. Again, from my new 20 min cookbook. I am in love with this recipe. It couldn't be simpler, and it tastes incredible. The combo of the mustard, rosemary (one of the few herbs I can manage to grow myself!) and vinegar with the meat is awesome. My sister and I shared this during a recent visit and were both thrilled. Thanks for guinea pigging a new recipe for me, Les! The only downside to this recipe is the fact that lamb gets a little pricey.
  • 1 TB minced garlic, divided
  • 1/2 tsp salt, divided
  • 2 TB chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 TB stone ground mustard
  • 1 TB olive oil
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • 8x 4oz lean lamb loin chops, trimmed
  • 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

Prepare grill or broiler. Combine 1 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, rosemary, mustard, 2 tsp vinegar, and oil in a small bowl. Stir well. Line up lamb chops and spread mustard mixture on both sides of chops. Let stand at room temperature for 8+ min.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 c balsamic and 2 tsp garlic to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid reduces down to 1/4c. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper.

Grill: Place lamb on the grill, 4 min per side

Broiler: Broil for 5 min per side on high, then for 10 min at 350.

No comments: