Saturday, August 25, 2007

Seared Tuna Steaks with Mango & Avocado Salsa

This is something I just made up, so I don't have exact proportions, but it's super delicious, and very quick.
  • 2 small but thick sashimi-grade tuna steaks
  • ground black pepper
  • teriyaki marinade
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 small mango
  • 1/2 avocado

Coat tuna steaks fairly thickly in ground black pepper on both sides. Heat up a nonstick frying pan on high, add oil until quite hot. Add tuna steak, pouring a splash of teriyaki marinade on the top. Cook 3 min on one side, flip, add a splash of marinade to the top, and cook 3 min on the other side. Steak will be seared on both sides but pink in the middle.

Meanwhile, chop mango and avocado into small chunks. Serve over tuna.

Yields: 2 servings, 9 points each

1 comment:

Barb said...

Way to go, Erica! I know the committment you have made...I have taken 30 lbs. off and still working on the rest.
I found you by googling for an avocado mango salsa recipe. I will prepare this tonight and let you know how it goes. :)
Barb