Monday, July 2, 2007

Tuna with Jalapeno Cream

I'm so bummed, I missed my exercise class today because I got pulled into a baby shower for one of my co-workers. I did manage to avoid both pizza and cake at the shower, though, and stick to the food I'd brought with me. I'm way under points for the day, but no exercise. I think this week is likely to be a tossup on weight loss, I may have lost a little.

Anyway, here's my current favorite tuna steak recipe. I love this one because it is insanely fast to make.

  • 1/2c reduced fat sour cream
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, and finely chopped
  • 1TB fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 c fresh chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1TB chili powder
  • 4x 6oz tuna steaks
  • Cooking spray

1) Combine first 5 ingredients, set aside.

2) Rub chili powder and salt into fish, coat with cooking spray

3) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add fish. Cook three minutes on each side, so that tuna is still pink in the middle. Serve topped with sour cream mixture.

Yield: 4 servings, 1 steak & 2TB sour cream each

5 points, 242 cal, 5.7g fat, .5g fiber

No comments: